Background information for Richard Barnes
We are very pleased to have Richard Barnes as one of our presenters for the Marriage and Family Online Conferences.
Richard Barnes is a practicing lawyer, author and regular speaker on business and estate planning. In May 2009, Richard’s new book, Estate Planning for Blended Families: Providing for Your Spouse & Children in a Second Marriage, was published by Nolo Press of Berkeley, California. The book is the first book to focus on the particular needs of spouses in second marriages in providing for one another as well as children from the current relationship or previous relationships. The
book is available on Amazon.com or Nolo.com, in addition to other online and
other retailers. For more information on Richard’s new book, click here.
- Author and speaker on business and estate planning
- Contributor to South Georgia Business magazine
- Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Council
- Included in the 2010 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® in the specialty of Trusts and Estates.
- Chair of the Fiduciary Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia
- Member of the Valdosta Bar Association
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Adjunct Professor at Valdosta State University, teaching a course on Business Associations.
- Past President of the Valdosta Rotary Club
- Past President of the Atlanta Council of Younger Lawyers
He is a graduate of Rhodes College and Vanderbilt University School of Law, where he was the Senior Student Writing Editor of the Vanderbilt Law Review. He founded his own firm, Barnes Law LLC in 2009, in Valdosta, Georgia. Richard is married to Bridgett, a Valdosta plastic surgeon. They have one son, Tucker.