Learn more about The Blended and Step Family Resource Center.
Shirley Cress Dudley is the founder and Executive Director of The Blended and Step Family Resource Center, Internationally known author of the best selling book, Blended Family Advice and has also founded other businesses, including SCD Consulting Services, SCD Real Estate Consulting and The Real Estate Investor Channel which you can also see on Roku, Amazon Fire, and Apple TV.
In 2006, the website BlendedFamilyAdvice.com was created by Shirley Cress Dudley. This site was renamed in 2009 and became The Blended and Step Family Resource Center. This center was founded with the goal of providing the most excellent resources to encourage, educate and empower blended and step families.
Shirley Cress Dudley is a licensed professional counselor, nationally certified counselor, and Fellow in the American College of Medical Practice Executives, with a master’s degree in marriage and family counseling, and a master’s degree in education. She has spent over 20 years counseling, coaching, leading workshops and speaking at conferences on marriage and family issues. Shirley is the director of The Blended and Step Family Resource Center.
After becoming a stepmom, she realized that regular counselors and coaches can not possibly understand how hard it is to blend a family unless they have experienced it themselves. She also noticed that there aren’t many good resources, online, and also several online coaches that are only educated with a certificate, and are giving
help and advice to families, and quite a lot of stepmoms that try to offer advice. She realized there was a real need for professionals that were experienced in blended families to help meet the growing number of remarried couples. Due to these experiences, her primary focus became helping blended and step families.
Shirley Cress Dudley is the internationally known author of Blended Family Advice along with other resources for step moms and step dads, and those who are engaged to be married into a stepfamily. Her passion is to help people be the best they can be, and to keep marriages and families strong and successful.
- Author of Amazon best selling book, Blended Family Advice
- As seen in USA Today
- As seen in Conscious Company Magazine
- As seen in SouthPark Magazine and Ballantyne Magazine
- Listed in the Marriage Counseling Hall of Fame- The Counseling Courier, Sept. 2010
- Expert Curator on Organized Wisdom.com
- Just Ask expert on Education.com
- “Best of Charlotte” 2013-2016 in Counseling and Mental Health, presented by Best Businesses
- As heard on the following radio shows:
- Traveling Mom Radio, with Kim Orlando, weekly shows.
- Lifeline radio show, with Kim Iverson. Kim’s show airs in Portland (KRSK), Denver (KALC), Austin (KAMX), Wichita (KFBZ), Memphis (WMC), Milwaukee (WMYX), Indianapolis (WZPL), Buffalo (WTSS), and Norfolk (WPTE)
- WSVA Radio Interview with Mike Schikman. WSVA is located in Harrisonburg, VA.
- The Dr. Molly Barrow Radio Show on her Progressive Radio Network radio show.
- Arm Bumanlag on his Sunday morning Parental Advisory Show, AM 800 CKLW Detroit/Windsor. This 50,000 watt station reaches from NYC to Iowa.
- Sharon Silver’s Blog Radio, Getting to the Heart of the Matter.
- Johnny Tan’s Blog talk Radio, Topic- “Home for the Holidays-a celebration of the heart and a gift from the soul.”
- Bob and Starr Calo-oy’s Marriage 101 Radio Show, KKYX-680AM, San Antonio TX listening area.
- Guest Blogger on StepMom’s Toolbox with Peggy Nolan
You can find more information about The Blended and Step Family Resource Center by
- Reading our blog: Blended Family Advice
- Follow us on Facebook: Shirley Cress Dudley and The Blended and Step Family Resource Center
“If I have a blended family in need of coaching, I’ll send them to you. “ Coach Dee Kite
“I appreciate the work you do with families! Thanks for being the voice that is needed”
Mark Hundley, Speaker,Author, Psychotherapist, Life Coach
“I wish I had an army of someone like you considering the kids I work with and the families. Keep it up.”- Jeff Wolfsberg, Teen and Family Expert, Speaker, Alcohol and Drug Educator
“I’ll use your book, Blended Family Advice, with my clients, it’s much needed.”- Kara Tamanini, Therapist and Author
“Shirley Cress Dudley is one of the most caring professionals in the stepfamily arena I have had the privilege to speak with.” Tricia Powe, Talk Show Host-Stepfamily
Straight Talk, founding director of StepFamily Straight Talk
“In Blended Family Advice, Shirley Cress Dudley lays out a step-by-step game plan
for managing a blended family. You will be inspired by the real life success
stories included and empowered to take action by the best practices outlined. I
would highly recommend parents of teens with blended families read this book
and more importantly, put it’s concepts to practice. Think of it as your
blended family owner’s manual.” Josh Shipp, Author of The Teen’s Guide to World Domination, TV Host of Jump Shipp, and Founder of HeyJosh.com
“Blended Family Advice is a comprehensive guide to help you live in harmony with your blended family. You’ll have an action plan to bring your entire family together.” Sue Scheff, Author of Wit’s End and Google Bomb, Founder of Parent’s Universal Resource Experts.
“An Excellent Book! You can tell that Shirley Cress Dudley feels passionately about the challenges faced by blended and step families. She offers tested and practical advice to blended families adjusting to their new situation. Most of all, she offers hope based on her personal experience and track record in successfully counseling countless families looking to make the best of their new family.” Richard E. Barnes, attorney and author of Estate Planning for Blended Families: Providing for your Spouse & Children in a Second Marriage.